The 21 Day Challenge: Week 1 Recap

Today has been a really great day, thus far.  As I was running around my house this morning I stopped for a minutes while my daily Shakeology was blending.  My jeans felt perfect.  Last week when I started all this My Fit Foods business, the main reason I wanted to try it was because these same jeans were fitting far more snuggly than they needed to.  Suddenly I was overwhelmed with the feeling of joy.  The hard work is paying off!

The first few days were difficult, just adjusting to the food and lack of soda (it's truly my vice and I have a really hard time without at least one Coke during the day).  But the food is all really good, so far, the only thing I told them to keep off my meals in the future is the raw carrots, only because I don't like raw carrots and prefer cooked carrots.  If you asked me what my favorite meal has been so far, I'd have to shake my head and admit I can't choose.  It's probably between the Chicken Salad and the Chicken Chili.  Although, the gumbo was also good. 

I do feel like I'm eating all the time, maybe it's because I'm just more aware of when I get to consume the healthy and delicious portions of lean meat and veggies.  Or maybe it's because I still find myself hungry quite a bit.  That is the only downside I've really come across.  The portions are smaller than I've become accustomed to.  So I try to have plenty of water before I eat. 

To maximize my results I have also been doing PiYo every other day (for right now because I am insanely busy but will get on the regular routine over the weekend) along with Shakeology in the mornings (I do a scoop of the chocolate, 1 banana and some all natural peanut butter). 

So far, here are my Pros and Cons of the 21 Day Challenge
Pros:
1) I don't have to make my lunches and dinners.  This is really nice because I hate eating the same dinner all week long
2) There are many different meals so I am get to have different kinds of proteins and veggies all the time
3) The meals are compact and easy to keep in my lunch box and don't take up a lot of space
4) The boxes that the meals come in are microwaveable and can be reused at home

*Tip* Be sure to drink all the recommended water, I ended up with a headache the other day from being dehydrated

Cons:
1) The price.  I'll admit, I do probably spend a lot of money at the grocery store, but I am finding that I have to cut a few things out of my schedule for a while because of the expense.  I'm doing 2 meals and 2 snacks (one snack is like a protein bar or iPS chips and the other is more substantial- like egg salad with celery and crackers) and spending close to $200/week. 
2) I do feel like I'm always eating, which may or may not make my office mate look at me funny. 
3) Because I'm eating these meals I have to be very conscious of where I am during each meal time so that I have access to a microwave, or have time to eat before or after going out for the evening.  Can't really bring one of these into an event center during a hockey game.
4) There is currently no recycling set up for the My Fit Foods company, which is really a shame because I don't see any reason for customers to not bring back their used meal containers and either stick those in a recycle bin when picking up their next set of meals OR have a system set up to clean and sanitize the containers to be reused. 

So that's my week 1 recap of My Fit Foods... do you want some recap of PiYo?  Sure you do!  Here it is...

Like I said, I'm only doing PiYo every other day right now because of my schedule and I didn't want to really over do things with the new food program and burn out.  I touched on the reason PiYo was developed and why I picked it (low impact, high intensity).  Let me tell you- that is true!  The first week of workouts is really the same 3 workouts- Upper Body Define, Lower Body Define, and Sweat.  I did the Upper Body Define last night and I woke up with sore muschles this morning, which I think is always an indicator of a good, solid, workout.  The Lower Body workout is shorter, and I think I am going to add some p90x Ab Ripper to that one tomorrow.  Sweat is well.... properly named.  It's the longest of the 3 and is about 39 minutes long, I only made it through 30. 

The great thing about most of the Beachbody workout programs is that there is always someone who modifies the workout so the beginners have a guide.  I do like that the length of the workouts is shorter, mostly, than the p90x.  The program itself is just 60 days, which is doable for anyone!  It also requires less equipment- no weights, bands, etc.  Just a chair and a yoga mat, maybe a towel. 

Comments